Before trying these exercises, talk to your healthcare provider to make sure they are safe for you. Ask your healthcare provider how many times to do each exercise.
This exercise makes your thigh, pelvic, and hip muscles more flexible.
- Sit on the floor with the soles of your feet together. Your back should be straight.
- Gently lean forward until you feel a mild stretch in the hip and thigh muscles. Your back should remain straight. Don't push down on your legs with your hands.
- Hold and count to 5, then relax.
This helps make your trunk (from your shoulders to your hips) more flexible.
- Sit on the floor with your legs crossed. Your back should be straight.
- Put your left hand on your right knee. Rest your right hand on the floor to support yourself and help you balance.
- Slowly twist right. To do this, turn your head, shoulders, and chest as far right as you comfortably can. Keep your hips, knees, and feet in place.
- Hold for 5 counts. Then change sides and slowly twist left.